This webinar will cover the Top 10 most cited standards, the specific provisions within each standard that are being cited the most, and tips on how to minimize the risk of a citation. OSHA is aggressively enforcing its standards and other requirements related to workplace safety and health. Last year, OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) conducted approximately 95,000 total inspections with an average penalty that is more than double what it was just a few short years ago. This webinar will also provide an overview of the enforcement programs which may trigger an inspection so that you can be better prepared if OSHA knocks.
- The Top 10 most cited OSHA standards
- The provisions within each of the Top 10 that are most commonly cited
- Overview of OSHA’s enforcement programs which may trigger an inspection
- Develop a basic understanding of the enforcement process
- Practical tips for achieving compliance with the cited provisions
Who Will Benefit from this Webinar
- Small businesses in manufacturing or construction
- Company officers and executives
- Operations and maintenance personnel
- Human Resources personnel
- Manufacturing supervisors and managers
- Construction supervisors and managers
- Regulatory compliance managers
- Safety and health professionals
- Anyone interested in OSHA compliance or occupational safety and health issues
Presenters – Gabe Sierra and David Ippolito
Gabe Sierra is the founder and President of Prometrix Consulting. Prior to founding Prometrix Gabe was Chief of Staff for OSHA. During his tenure as a senior member of the Assistant Secretary’s management team he helped lead a decline in the injury / illness and fatality rates to the lowest levels in the nation’s history. With more than 20 years of industry and government experience, he has extensive professional expertise in industrial engineering and construction, OSHA regulatory management, manufacturing, and process manufacturing technology development. He possesses 7 utility patents and holds a BS in Electrical Engineering and MBA in Finance.
Dave Ippolito is a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) having retired from OSHA after more than 30 years of service in the Agency. With more than 15 years of enforcement experience and has conducted more than 500 inspections in a variety of industries including construction, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, specialty chemicals, and manufacturing just to name a few. In addition, he was the Director of OSHA’s Office of Science and Technology Assessment. His clients benefit from his proven expertise and experiences obtained both from the field and his national office management He has his BS in Environmental Science from Rutgers University.